We’re a startup company building exciting hardware-software technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction. We were named the most innovative startup from this year’s Y-Combinator class by Business Insider, presold over 10,000 MYOs within 48 hours, and secured $14.5 million in Series A funding led by Spark Capital and Intel Capital. We pride ourselves on the culture we’ve cultivated – if you love to work hard and play hard, you’ll fit right in!
You’re able to take difficult technical topics and communicate them clearly, concisely, and accurately. You aren't afraid to get elbow deep in code, hack things together in your spare time, and are a stickler for grammar. Highly organized and efficient, you’re comfortable working on multiple projects at once and are completely at home communicating with cross-functional teams covering engineering, marketing, and more. A new generation of human-computer interaction excites you, and you share our vision enabling a new paradigm of interaction using the Myo.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Technical Writer at Thalmic, you’ll be one of the key links between our internal engineers, marketers, and developer advocates to external users, developers, and partners. You’ll be involved in writing, editing, and publishing manuals, developer tutorials, customer newsletters, website copy, internal documentation, customer relations templates, and much more.
What you need:
- Passion for being a part of the next generation of human computer interaction
- Proven track record of delivering high quality work
- Strong organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Some programming experience
What would give you an advantage:
- Previous startup experience
- Previous experience as a writer